1. The nursing process: assess, diagnose, plan, implement, evaluate (ADPIE)
2. Nursing is a 24/7 operation that requires teamwork -do your best to prioritize
and work safely & pass on the rest.
3. Organize tasks by “must do” (within 30 minutes), “should do” (within 4 hours),
and “could do” (before end of shift)
4. When the number of tasks to be done seems out of control, stop and take a deep
breath, even a 5-second break can help!
5. Five rights for delegating care: right person, right task, right circumstances, right
direction, right supervision
6. Take the lead to inspire teamwork -pitch in and help your colleagues. Perhaps
others will follow your lead!
7. Key to a fulfilling work life…have a goal and focus on working toward it; goal
should be realistic & attainable.
8. When caring for an abuse victim – establish trusting relationship, treat immediate
injuries, record factual account, & refer to top