We support Christian nurses in developing a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. We teach and promote Christian principles in professional nursing. Nurses for Christ strives to its mission by
- Providing for spiritual growth to Christian Nurses and Health Care Providers by the ministry of Christian nurses, doctors, teachers , pastors, ministers and chaplains.
- Presenting educational conferences, seminars, and retreats on issues concerning professional nurses and health care providers.
- Empowering nurses to asses the spiritual needs of the person, family and community receiving nursing care. To provide necessary foundational spiritual truth.
- Establishing local chapter meeting of local christian nurses supporting one another in prayer, in the use of scripture and in fellowship.
- Establishing a network of christian nurses dedicated to the promotion of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the health care missions.
Christian hands changing lives by helping the sick and those in spiritual need.
Help Health Care Workers, patients and others grow in the belief that the power of prayer changes lives, situations, and circumstances and with the understanding that nothing is impossible with God.
- Provide a greater revelation of scripture & the power of prayer as taught in Conferences, Seminars, and Chapter meetings.
- Bring awareness of the true Calling of Health Care workers.
- Demonstrate the character of Christ in nursing, patient care, & where ever we go.
- Expand membership in Florida & adjoining states.
- Local and State NFC Chapters.
- Financial goal of $5,000 for scholarship fund for students pursuing nursing.
- Fellowship with praise & worship with like minded Health Care Workers.
- Become knowledgeable in the Word of God.
- The experience of lying hands on the sick, upon their request, and seeing the results.
- Understanding the role of health care worker as an instrument of healing.
- A great community resource.
- Live a righteous life according to Christian Principals.
- Help Nurses & Health Care Workers grow in the revelation of Christ.
- Compassionately care for the sick, infirmed, & those whom are physically and mentally challenged.
- Competent Nursing care, including meeting spiritual needs when requested
- Encourage and mentor young people to explore nursing as a profession.
The vision is spiritual; it is to provide a greater understanding of scripture to nurses and health care workers according to the power of the Holy Spirit, thereby getting results and enriching the quality of life to those who submit to prayer.
Meet the Officers
and Board Members
She was officially commissioned during a ceremony conducted by Hazel Hetrick, RN, the founder and past President, in Daytona Beach, Fl. With the extensive 35 years of Hospital Nursing experience and teaching Practical Nursing students in Miami, FL at the Lindsey Hopkins Tech. Ed. Center for ten years, nursing truly is her passion.
In 2015 NCF, was re-Incorporated and received it’s EIN number and 501c3 status. During 2015, five Officers were chosen and seven Nurses were appointed to the Board of Directors. The first Conference was also held in the same year in November. The Conference was a success, and we have testimonies revealing the hand of God showing us favor.
He Became involved with Nurses for Christ at the National Conference in 1998. His Faith was markedly renewed and his expectations changed through frequent mission trips to Columbia South America. In Columbia he learned; “Nothing is Impossible with God”(Mathew 19:26). He has worked in the hospital setting nearly 25 years primarily in Cardiac/Telemetry.
I was introduced to Nurses for Christ in 1998 by Susan LaMore who was also an RN. I met Susan during a very dark and difficult time in my life. She invited me to attend a weekend Nurses for Christ conference and I was totally won over by this group of nurses! I had lots of nurse friends but these ladies/gentlemen were different! They had a love for Christ, a love for each other & a love for their profession. I couldn’t help but to fall in love with the founder of this group, Hazel Hetrick, who was and is an amazing servant of God. These nurses ministered to me throughout that whole weekend & I came home rejuvenated as never before. Needless to say I soon became a member myself. I am honored to be a Board Member and I look forward to what God has in store this Spirit filled organization.
Angela has worked as a tax accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP (the world’s largest accounting and professional services firm at the time); and served as the Assistant Controller for Terranova Corporation (Florida’s largest State based full service property management firm), where she led a team of accounting managers overseeing all accounting functions of the department. She later provided Managerial Accounting Services to Cigna Healthcare, a Fortune 100 Company, where she managed a team of remote international staff.
Angela is very involved in the community and has served as the Treasurer for the National Association of Black Accountants (Greater Miami Chapter), and currently serves on the Boards for Nurses For Christ (a non-profit organization), and Victorious Living Initiatives Worldwide Inc. (a professional coaching and consulting company).